We’re crushing on quinoa. This superfood is high in protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals. Made with oh-so-good-for-you ingredients, these quinoa granola bars are a treat you can feel good about. Try our new favorite snack!
- 1 cup quinoa – uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup oats – uncooked
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or any other nut of your choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 2/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave or honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: If you like things a little toasty, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread out the quinoa, oats, walnuts, coconut, chia and flax and bake until slightly toasted (5-10 minutes).
- Prep an 8×11 baking dish with coconut oil or nonstick spray.
- Melt peanut butter and agave or honey in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir while cooking. Mixture should be smooth. Once it starts to bubble, remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt, melt peanut butter and honey until smooth and creamy over medium.
- Put the toasted quinoa/oat mixture in a large bowl. Next, pour melted peanut butter sauce over the quinoa/oat mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes, then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the 8×11 pan, Use a spatula to press the mixture down into the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (2+ hours).
- Once fully chilled, slice into bars or squares. We like to store ours in the freezer. Yum yum!